Mike Ball – 4 night (Northbound Coral Sea Expedition)
Mike Ball’s northbound expedition to the Coral Sea departs Cairns at 6:00pm on Thursdays and returns on Mondays at 11:00am. This trip reduces sea travel by 250km or 12 hours by including a low-level scenic flight from Lizard Island back to Cairns at the end of your trip.
This expedition includes up to 14 dives in total (including two night dives), a low level reef flight, 4 night’s accommodation onboard Spoilsport, chef prepared meals, a glass of wine with dinner each night, daily cabin service and tanks and weights.
For this trip, Mike Ball recommend either an Advanced diver certification or a minimum of 10 ocean dives including 5 dives in the last 12 months. Less experience may result in limited diving due to environmental conditions.
Thursday: Check in and departure.
- Prior to 4:00pm, check-in luggage at Mike Ball Office (3 Abbott St, Cairns)
- If unable to check-in prior to 4:00pm, phone Mike Ball staff on 07 4053 0500 for departure details
- 6:00pm Mike Ball crew meet you at Mondo’s Restaurant and escort you to Spoilsport – Trinity Wharf
- Cruise overnight to the magnificent Holmes Reef, the first stop on your 700km dive odyssey (or to the Cod Hole at Ribbon Reef #10, depending on weather conditions)
- Enjoy plummeting walls, great visibility, and cruising pelagics
- Night dive where decorator crabs, egg cowry shells, moray eels and crayfish are just a few of the creatures you can find
- Cruise overnight to Bougainville Reef in the Coral Sea
- Enjoy 40 meter visibility with spectacular walls disappearing to 1000metres. Witness the resident shark population including grey reef sharks, whitetip reef sharks, silvertips and occasionally hammerheads
- Find the caves, overhangs and spectacular walls adorned with huge soft coral trees and gorgonian fans
- Breakfast on board and transfer to Lizard Island
- Spectacular low level Great Barrier Reef flight to Cairns.150 miles, altitude 700-1000ft - saves 12 hours travel time
- Return at approximately 11:00am for courtesy transfer to city hotels
Prime dives sites - GUARANTEED!
- If weather forces an itinerary change Mike Ball’s surety of access to the prime Ribbon Reef sites is your guarantee of the best possible diving
- Flying after diving – we recommend that you allow 24 hours between diving and flying. The last dive of the trip is finished by 5:00pm on Sunday
- The above itinerary is subject to change
Extra charges include:
- Full gear hire (if required) - AU$176 per person
- Reef taxes - AU$6.50 per person per day
- Nitrox Fill Package - AU$100
Extra courses (all pay on board)
- Advanced Course - AU$215 per course
- Nitrox Course - AU$275 per course
- U/W Photography - AU$250
- SDI Solo Diver - AU$220 (inc. pony bottle hire)
- 30% cancellation fee applies with less than 60 days notice
- 100% cancellation fee applies with 21 days or less notice
Note - Extreme weather conditions may cause cancellation or adjustment of advertised itinerary.
|Coral Sea Premium Cabin||$2,984.00|
|Coral Sea Standard Cabin||$2,720.00|
|Coral Sea Club Cabin||$2,455.00|
|Coral Sea Budget Cabin||$2,135.00|
* Prices valid from 01 April to 31 March
** Extra Charge: This additional fee includes a Government Environmental Management Charge as well as Port Departure Tax and administration costs.
Rates are per person and in Australian Dollars (Currency Converter).