3 Day Great Barrier Reef Liveaboard Dive Trip
Night Before Departure
If you have time we suggest you drop into our retail shop, located on the corner of Shields & Grafton Streets, where you can arrange your dive equipment for the trip (this means you won’t have to do it at 6:00am on the morning of your trip!). As an option, you may wish to learn about the reef and fish you will meet by visiting 'Reef Teach' - a 2.5hr marine biology presentation (additional cost).
Day 1: Diving The Outer Great Barrier Reef
- 5:45am - Complimentary hotel transfer - available from Cairns City & Northern Beaches accommodation
- 6:15am - Check in at Pro Dive retail shop - corner Shields & Grafton Streets
- 7:00am - Depart Cairns for 3 days & 2 nights of fantastic diving/snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef. A light breakfast is served onboard
- 11:30am - Your first dive is before lunch. This dive will be offered as a guided dive with an instructor, for those divers who have not dived in a little while
- 12:45pm - Lunch is served - hearty soup with an array of fresh salads, cold meats & bread rolls
- 2:30pm - Your second dive - head off & discover more underwater delights. Once you have completed your dive the vessel moves on to the next site
- 4:30pm - After an afternoon of snorkelling/relaxing its time for your third dive of the trip
- 6:00pm - Dinner - the menu changes each trip however it will be wholesome, hot & of course lots of it!
- 7:30pm - The night dive! We generally try to do the night dive at the same site as the afternoon dive, as this way you are familiar with your surroundings. Keep a close eye out for our sleeping turtles, crustaceans & the occasional reef shark!
- 8:30pm - Dessert is served!
Day 2: Experience More Fantastic Diving On The Outer Great Barrier Reef
- 7:00am - The vessel moves for an early morning dive. Look out for splendid gorgonian fans, giant clams and bump-headed parrotfish
- 8:00am - Enjoy a hearty breakfast of cereal, fresh fruit, bacon and eggs as well as toast & spreads
- 10:30am - After breakfast the vessel moves on for the second dive of the day
- 12:00pm - Lunch on the second day is hot pasta with a variety of fresh salads
- 3:00pm - After lunch & a snorkel its time for your third dive
- 6:00pm - A hot dinner is served before your second night dive
- 7:30pm - Night dive!
- 8:30pm - Dessert is served!
Day 3: Morning Dives And Return To Cairns
- 6:30am - Your first dive of the day
- 7:30am - A hot breakfast accompanied with fresh fruit salad, cereals and toast
- 9:00am - After breakfast, the vessel makes its last site of the trip, where you will do your second dive of the day
- 11:00am - Your last dive! When you surface freshly made sandwiches are served as the vessel heads home
- 4:00pm - Complimentary accommodation transfers - Cairns city & Northern Beaches
- 7:30pm - Join fellow passengers & crew at a local restaurant for a farewell dinner if you wish
Please note, the above itinerary is a guide only, and the order of sites may change. The captain will always adapt the itinerary to the prevailing weather, tides and currents.
Meals may vary slightly depending on availability of seasonal fruit and vegetables. Please advise if you are a vegetarian and we will do our best to make sure we cater for you.
« Return To Trip